No one likes to have stretch marks, and these people often feel like they are the only ones with them. But stretch marks are far more common then you may think. What are stretch marks? There is a good definition from wikipedia here. The good news is that there are cures for stretch marks such as creams, surgery, or even home remedies. There are a lot of “facts” going around on the internet about stretch marks. Some things are true and some are just ridiculous. Below you will see some of the common (and not so common) myths and then the truths which should debunk the myths.
- Only woman get stretch marks
- Only pregnant or obese woman get them
- They are permanent
- They get worse with time
- They spread
- Stretch marks only occur on the stomach
- While stretch marks are often found on woman, men also get them
- Stretch marks occur when the body through rapid growth, this is why pregnant woman and obese people get them.
- However, very often kids hitting puberty will get them also
- Stretch marks can fade over time and the healing process can be assisted with creams or home remedies
- Stretch marks don’t get worse over time unless your body goes through another rapid time of growth
- Stretch marks can occur on the stomach, thighs, lower back, upper arms, and buttocks